Experts in the Field
Touchmark on West Prospect is a certified Best Friends™ environment. This means team members are trained in the internationally-acclaimed Best Friends™ approach, which they use to help residents with dementia lead their best possible lives. Caregivers are paired with residents in order to form deep personal connections and relationships. Your loved one will have someone on hand who knows them as well as a friend or family member would, allowing them to be a comforting and reassuring presence.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
From color-coded hallways for easy wayfinding to an assortment of inviting menu options, our memory care neighborhoods support residents to live well. We enrich the daily lives of those living with Alzheimer’s or other dementia-related illnesses through unique programming and activities tailored to the individual, including the distinctive and internationally-acclaimed Best Friends™ Approach. In our experience, wellness and quality of life for memory care residents are significantly improved by good relationships built on trust. Features include:
- Three freshly-prepared chef meals daily and snacks
- Personalized daily programs
- Supervised outings and excursions
- Award-winning Full Life Wellness & Life Enrichment Program™
- 24-hour care monitoring
- Weekly housekeeping with linen service
- Emergency call system
- Functional Fitness Classes
Contact us to learn more about how we’re making a difference in memory care at Touchmark on West Prospect in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Centralized Nursing Support
We have launched a new staffing program that benefits residents, team members, and families in our community. Licensed nurses overseen by the Clinical Services team at the Touchmark central office are on-call to support your local nursing team between 7 pm and 7 am every day.
These team members are:
- Trained in evaluative care as well as all Touchmark policies and procedures
- Licensed in all states where Touchmark communities are located
- Equipped to advise and provide direct recommendations for staff on-site when community nurses are unavailable
- Available for phone and video consultations with team members and residents as needed
- In regular communication with the Health Services team in each community
- Compiling data and performing audits to improve quality assurance
- Able to access each community’s EMAR system
Our goal is to provide more comprehensive nursing coverage for residents and reduce community team member stress. Community contacts/nurses remain a vital part of this process. Any after-hours support is conveyed to local nurses to assist with continuously coordinated care, and local nurses are available should the need arise.
Early Memory Care in Appleton, Wisconsin
The early memory care Pembrook neighborhood is designed to provide a supportive and stimulating home environment for those with cognitive impairment or the early stages of dementia who are not yet in need of a secured environment.
We created this dynamic model for neighborhood living when we saw the need for an intermediary option that offered a nuanced approach to care. We’ve observed that symptoms tend to progress more slowly when individuals in the early stages of dementia can live in an environment that limits confusion and places them with their peers to allow for positive stimulation and conversation. Using person-centered programming that respects the life history and preferences of each resident, the Pembrook neighborhood encourages an overall sense of well-being.
A Comfortable and Supportive Environment
Each Pembrook neighborhood resident receives an in-depth initial assessment to determine their care plan. Regular assessments are conducted thereafter to ensure all needs are met as they change. Well-trained caregiving staff members are present 24 hours per day.
- Touchmark’s award-winning Full Life Wellness & Life Enrichment Program
- Touchmark’s Fall Reduction and Awareness Program
- Housekeeping, laundry, and bedmaking
- Three daily meals served family-style in the neighborhood’s private dining room
- Caring, licensed nurses overseeing the neighborhood
- Personalized daily emotional support and cuing
- Daily check-ins
- Functional fitness classes led by qualified health care team members
- Music & Memory program
- TimeSlips™ creative storytelling
- Fragrance in Frames
- Scheduled local transportation
- Scheduled social and cultural activities
- 24-hour emergency response system